Saturday 7 November 2009

Beginnings

I suppose I have always been in touch with the paranormal and taken it as a matter of course. My mother was certainly very mediumistic and often as a child at night I would hear her having conversations and I would only be able to hear one voice. It was a bit like eavesdropping on a telephone conversation someone was having. I never saw it as unusual as it was just part of our normal family life.
I haven't inherited her gifts (sadly) but I do seem to have certain abilities. If I was a little more open-minded I could possibly be a little better at it, but I still have the sceptic side to me. It's a Jekyll and Hyde existence I am a firm believing non-believer!!
There are a handful of happenings that I will go into in depth later on some time, but yes, I HAVE seen a ghost.
Fervent sceptics will always scoff when you say that, and claim it was a hallucination or hysteria. Then there are others who do believe you but say "I have never seen a ghost myself". When they say that I always say the same thing. Which is "how do you know?" They look a little confused when I say that, but if you think it through, when we are walking down a street or road and there are people, we always make the very natural assumption that they are all solid, living beings. We may have seen dozens of ghosts in our lifetime but been unaware. That strange looking man or woman in outdated clothing that we gave a glance and merely thought "how oddly dressed" may well have not been there at all in the real sense. OK, I am being dramatic and maybe a little silly, but it IS a possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Paranormal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory